Climbing Escalade Canada stands with our Indigenous friends, partners, colleagues, and climbers to mourn the loss of the 215 children recently discovered at a formal residential school. We acknowledge the indignities experienced by the victims of the residential school system and the pain of survivors, their families and communities as they continue to deal with this tragedy.
As we begin National Indigenous History Month, a month dedicated to the celebration of Indigenous history, heritage, and diversity, we are reminded that the effects of the residential school system are ongoing and recognize that reconciliation requires truth and accountability.
The CEC Diversity & Inclusion Committee has been actively looking for individuals in the First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities to join our Committee and help us as we continue to integrate the calls to action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resources:
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: www.trc.ca
- Truth and Reconciliation final report: https://www.trc.ca/assets/pdf/Executive_Summary_English_Web.pdf
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society: www.irsss.ca
- Crisis Services Canada 1-833-456-4566 or Text 45645
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- National Indian Residential School Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419
- Donate at www.irsss.ca/donate
- CEC Diversity & Inclusion Committee: email@example.com
- CEC Board of Directors: firstname.lastname@example.org